Here I point out some settings to improve the picture quality on your pc when using the remote play feature on PS4.For MACLaunch PS4 Remote Play. Last time I did remote play on original PS4 Dec 16 - playable but occasionally choppy with artifacts. I tried remote play on the pro (mainly just to pair it up) there is a deffinate difference between the two. I havent played a game yet remotly on the Pro but the menus ran way smoother than the original PS4 ever did. (both set to connect via.
The PS4 does not output to remote play at 1080p on any platform it's available on. It would be on Sony to change it, nothing you, me nor Reddit can do about it. To start Remote Play while your PS4 console is in rest mode, select Settings Power Save Settings Set Features Available in Rest Mode. Then select the checkboxes for Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS4 from Network.
A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play.
With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection.
Using the [PS Remote Play] app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device in a different location.
For example, you can use a computer in another room or a smartphone* when you’re out to enjoy PS5™ and PS4™ games.
- You can’t use Remote Play on your mobile device’s cellular data network. A high-speed Wi-Fi® network is required.
The following are the different combinations of compatible devices and PlayStation consoles for using Remote Play. For instructions on downloading the app and getting started with Remote Play, go to one of the links below.
Control your PS5 console
Control your PS4 console
- Control your PS4 console from your PS Vita system*
- Control your PS4 console from your PS TV system*
- With the [PS4 Link] app, you can remotely control your PS4 console with a PlayStation®Vita system or PlayStation®TV system.
Find out more about how to set up and use Remote Play on your systems in the PS Vita User’s Guide or the PS TV User’s Guide.
Depending on the content or how it’s used, Remote Play may not be available. For details, see “Restrictions”.
[PS Remote Play] Update Information
Windows PC version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Mac version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Ps4 Remote Play Better Quality
Visit Google Play™ or the App Store for update information.
- Some games do not support Remote Play.
Games that require peripherals such as PlayStation®VR or PlayStation®Camera aren’t compatible with Remote Play.
You can’t use Remote Play on your PS5 console or PS4 console in the following situations:
- When you’re using Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcasting your gameplay
- When users are using Remote Play, Share Play, or Share Screen, or broadcasting their gameplay
- When you’re playing a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD
- When you’re using PS VR in VR mode
The following restrictions apply when using Remote Play:
- You can’t use Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcast your gameplay.
- You can’t play a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD.
- You can’t play music with Spotify®.
- Some or all video content might not be displayed on your device depending on the game or video service.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit our support website.
- This site is subject to change without notice.
- Screen images are composite images. Illustrations and screen images may vary from the actual product.
- Information about system functionality and images published on this site may vary depending on the PS5 or PS4 system software version or the version of the application installed on your computer or mobile device that’s in use.
- “”, “PlayStation”, “PS5”, “PS4” and “DUALSHOCK” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- “SONY” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Group Corporation.
- App Store, iPad, iPhone, Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- “Blu-ray Disc™” and “Blu-ray™” are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify Ltd.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- Other system and product names are generally trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
ASTRO’s PLAYROOM: ©2020 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Horizon Zero Dawn: ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla.
Install [PS Remote Play] on your Windows PC, and then connect to your PS4 console.
You’ll need the following to use Remote Play:
OS Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) Processor 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors or later Storage space 100 MB or more RAM 2 GB or more Display resolution 1024 × 768 or higher Sound card Required USB port Required
- PS4 console
Always update your PS4 console to the latest version of the system software.
- An account for PlayStation™Network
Use the same account that you use for your PS4 console. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one first.
- High-speed internet connection
As a standard, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller
- USB cable
Connect your Windows PC and your controller with a USB cable. You can also use a DUALSHOCK®4 USB wireless adaptor.
- You can also use your wireless controller for your PS5 console. Connect the controller to your Windows PC using a USB cable.
- To use voice chat, you’ll need a microphone, such as the built-in microphone on your Windows PC.
Install the app
You’ll only need to do these steps the first time you use the app. You can use the same app to connect to your PS4 console and PS5 console.
Download [PS Remote Play] and save it to your desktop or other location.
During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use [PS Remote Play]. To download this software, follow the on-screen instructions.
Set up your PS4 console
Set up your PS4 console in the following ways. You’ll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play:
- From the function screen, go to [Settings] > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then turn on [Enable Remote Play].
- From the function screen, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4], and then select [Activate]. You can enable this setting on only one PS4 console for each account. Find out more about activating your PS4 console as your primary console in the PS4 User’s Guide.
- To start Remote Play while your PS4 console is in rest mode, select [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode]. Then select the checkboxes for [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning on PS4 from Network].
Start Remote Play
You’ll take the following steps each time you connect to your PS4 console from your Windows PC.
- Turn on your PS4 console or put it into rest mode.
- Use a USB cable to connect your controller to your Windows PC.
You can also use a DUALSHOCK®4 USB wireless adaptor.
- Launch [PS Remote Play] on your Windows PC, and then select [Sign In to PSN].
- Sign in with the same account that you use for your PS4 console.
When you select [Settings], you can configure video quality settings for Remote Play such as resolution and frame rate.
- Select [PS4].
The app searches for the PS4 console that you set up in Set up your PS4 console, and then connects. After it connects, the screen of your PS4 console displays on your Windows PC and you can start using Remote Play.
From the second time onwards, you’ll be able to select the console that you connected to previously.
- Before trying to connect remotely from outside your home, check that your device connects properly while you are near your PS4 console.
- If the app can’t find the device that you’d like to connect, or if you can’t use Remote Play, see “When Remote Play is not available”.
Remote Play controls
How To Make Ps4 Remote Play 1080p
Besides using your controller, you can also control your PS4 console with the control panel.
During Remote Play, if you move the mouse cursor of your Windows PC over the screen that you’re using for Remote Play, the control panel displays:
Download Playstation Remote Play
- SHARE button
Perform the same functions as the controller’s SHARE button.
- PS button
Display the home screen of your PS4 console.
- OPTIONS button
Perform the same functions as the controller’s OPTIONS button.
Select [Mic on] / [Mic off] to turn the microphone on or off.
Mic on Mic off Mic not connected
- Battery level
You can check your controller’s battery level.
You can change the screen size during Remote Play.
Enter full screen Exit full screen
Quit Remote Play
- Click the at the top right corner of the screen you’re using for Remote Play.
You’ll see a message that says “This Remote Play session will be disconnected”.
To quit Remote Play while your PS4 console is in rest mode, select the checkbox for [Put the connected console in rest mode].
- Select [OK].
Remote Play quits and the screen returns to its original state before your Windows PC was connected to your PS4 console.
To uninstall [PS Remote Play], go to your Windows PC settings and select [Apps] > [Apps & features], and then delete [PS Remote Play]. Folder and command names might vary depending on your OS version.