This extension requires a 1Password membership. If you don’t have one yet, you can sign up when you install the extension and try one free. 1Password is a password manager that keeps you safe. The inline Suggested Password that appears under the password fields when you're creating a new Login item is a feature of the 1Password X password generator. 'Suggested Passwords' aren't adjustable; They are meant to be strong and secure passwords that fit most password requirements so you don't have to use the generator — Just fill and go.
- Easy (and secure) password sharing; Along with 1Password, LastPass is another big name when it comes to best password managers. However, one big difference is that LastPass offers a free plan, while 1Password offer only paid plans, so if you are looking to spend some money on a password manager anyway, 1Password is what we recommend.
- Welcome to your Password Manager. Manage your saved passwords in Android or Chrome. They’re securely stored in your Google Account and available across all your devices. Password Checkup. Check the strength and security of your saved passwords. Find out if they’ve been compromised and get personalized advice when you need it.
Some frequently asked questions about 1Password Families
- Is there a free trial available?Yes, you can try out 1Password Families for free for 14 days. At the end of the trial period, you will be asked to enter your credit card information. All features are unlocked and available for you to experience during your trial.
- What happens if my subscription lapses?You will never be locked out of your account or your data. If your subscription ends, you will still be able to access, view and export all your data. You just won’t be able to add new items or edit them.
- What if I have more than five people in my family?That’s not a problem at all. You can invite as many family members as you need for an additional $1 per person / month.
- Do I need to buy the apps separately?No. All our apps and upgrades are included with your subscription. You can download the apps from our site and sign right in to your account. No need for licenses!
- What platforms are supported?1Password Families works with the latest version of the 1Password (Requires macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later and Windows 10 or newer). The mobile apps support iOS 12 and Android 5.0 or newer. You can also access all your information on 1Password.com, which works in modern web browsers. See our System requirements.
- Can I use 1Password Families with my business or organization?No. 1Password Families is for personal use only. 1Password Teams is our service for companies and organizations of any size. You can learn more on our Teams page.
You can change your Master Password if you already have one that you want to improve.
Your Master Password protects everything you store in 1Password, so it’s important to choose a good one. Your Master Password should be unique, random, and memorable, and using the 1Password password generator will guarantee that it is.
Your Master Password should be unique
The most common way attackers gain access to personal information is by obtaining a password you use for one account – often one that isn’t protected as well – and trying to use it for your other accounts. That’s why all your passwords should be unique, and this is especially true for your Master Password.
Use a Master Password that’s never been used anywhere else.
Your Master Password should be random
The tools that attackers use to guess passwords are designed to account for all the tricks we use when we come up with passwords ourselves. When our passwords are analyzed by computers, they aren’t as random as we’d like to think they are. Let your computer suggest a password that’s stronger than the attackers’ tools.
Use a Master Password that was suggested by a password generator.
Your Master Password should be memorable
A unique and random password will thwart attackers, but it’s important that you don’t thwart yourself. For your privacy and security, no one at 1Password can access your Master Password or recover your account. That’s why your Master Password should be one you won’t ever forget.
Use a Master Password that you can remember:
1password Password Category
- Use spaces or hyphens between words to make your Master Password easier to type.
- Practice your new Master Password regularly.
- Write down your Master Password until you’ve committed it to memory.
- Write your Master Password in your Emergency Kit and keep it somewhere safe.
1password Password History Missing
Your Master Password doesn’t have to meet any specific requirements for numbers, symbols, or capital letters. If you’re not comfortable using them, don’t.
Use the 1Password password generator
The best Master Password is one you don’t choose yourself. Use the 1Password password generator to create a unique, random, and memorable Master Password.