- Laptop With Microsoft Word Built In
- Laptop With Microsoft Word Installed
- Laptop With Microsoft Office Included
- Microsoft Word For Laptop free download - Microsoft Word 2013, Microsoft Office Word 2007 Update, Microsoft Word 2002 Update, and many more programs.
- Surface Laptop 3 15” Screen: 15” PixelSense™ Display Resolution: 2496 x 1664 (201 PPI) Aspect ratio: 3:2 Surface Pen. enabled Touch: 10 point multi-touch. Surface Laptop 3 13.5” 8GB or 16GB LPDDR4x RAM. Surface Laptop 3 15” 8GB or 16GB DDR4 RAM. Surface Laptop 3 13.5” Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1035G7 Processor.
Sometimes called Winword, MS Word, or Word, Microsoft Word is a word processor published by Microsoft. It is one of the office productivity applications included in the Microsoft Office suite. Originally developed by Charles Simonyi and Richard Brodie, it was first released in 1983.
Microsoft Word is available for Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, Android, and Apple iOS. It can also run on the Linux operating system using WINE.
Microsoft Word 2016 is one of the most reliable, powerful, and feature rich word processors around, and while it's since been replaced by Word 2019, it still offers most of the functionality modern professionals need. For most people, Word needs no introduction.
What is Microsoft Word used for?
Microsoft Word allows you to create professional-quality documents, reports, letters, and résumés. Unlike a plain text editor, Microsoft Word has features including spell check, grammar check, text and font formatting, HTML support, image support, advanced page layout, and more.
What does the Microsoft Word editor look like?
Below is an overview of a Microsoft Word 2010 document.Tip
See our Ribbon page for further information on the Ribbon. For an overview of the tools contained on the Ribbon, see: Overview of the Microsoft Office Ribbon.
Where do you find or start Microsoft Word?
If you have Microsoft Word or the entire Microsoft Office package installed on Microsoft Windows, you can access Microsoft Word in your Start menu.
Keep in mind that new computers do not include Microsoft Word. It must be purchased and installed before running it on your computer. If you do not want (or cannot afford) to purchase Microsoft Word, you can use a limited version for free at the Microsoft Office website.Note
There are also free word processing programs you can try that are very similar to Microsoft Word. See: Where can I get a free word processor?
If Microsoft Word is installed on your computer, but you can't find it in your Start menu, use the following steps to launch Microsoft Word manually.
- Open My Computer.
- Click or select the C: drive. If Microsoft Office is installed on a drive other than the C: drive, select that drive instead.
- Navigate to the Program Files (x86) folder, then the Microsoft Office folder.
- In the Microsoft Office folder, if there is a root folder, open that folder. Then open the OfficeXX folder, where XX is the version of Office (e.g., Office16 for Microsoft Office 2016). If there is no root folder, look for and open a folder having 'Office' in the name.
- Look for a file named WINWORD.EXE and click or double-click that file to start the Microsoft Word program.
What are the uses of Microsoft Word?
Microsoft Word is a word processor, and, like other word processors, it's capable of helping users create a variety of different types of documents. For example, users can create a résumé, business contract, instruction document, or a letter to another person. We've included a list of the top uses of a word processor on our word processor page.
How many lines are there on a page in Microsoft Word?
By default, there are 29 lines on one page in Microsoft Word.
What type of files can Microsoft Word create and use?
Early versions of Microsoft Word primarily created and used the .docfile extension, while newer versions of Word create and use the .docx file extension.
More recent versions of Microsoft Word can create and open the following types of files:
- .doc, .docm, .docx
- .dot, .dotm, .dotx
- .htm, .html
- .mht, .mhtml
Example of a Microsoft Word .doc file
You can download an example of a Microsoft Word .doc document by clicking the Microsoft Word .doc file link.
Why use Word instead of a plain-text editor?
Microsoft Word offers many features not found in a traditional text editor or a plain-text file. Some advantages include the ability to change the formatting (e.g., center), edit the font type, size, and color, insert pictures, and much more.Tip
The features above are also available in a rich-text editor, such as WordPad, which is included with Microsoft Windows.
Why use Word instead of a WordPad?
A rich-text editor, like WordPad, offers many of the same basic features as Microsoft Word. Where Microsoft Word differs is the ability to do more advanced features. Some of the advanced features include mail merges, spellchecker, styles, tables, headers & footers, WordArt, columns, margins, and more.
What are the different versions of Microsoft Word?
Microsoft Word has had several versions throughout its history. The different releases, with release dates are listed below.
- Word 2019, released in 2018
- Word 2016, released in 2016
- Word 2013, released in 2013
- Word 2010, released in 2010
- Word 2007, released in 2006
- Word 2003, released in 2003
- Word 2002, released in 2001
- Word 2000, released in 1999
- Word 98, released in 1998
- Word 97, released in 1997
- Word 95, released in 1995
- Word 6.0, released in 1993
- Word 2.0, released in 1991
- Word 1.1, released in 1990
- Word 1.0, originally invented for MS-DOS and Xenix in 1983 by Charles Simonyi and Richard Brodie, working for Bill Gates and Paul Allen. Word was released in the Windows OS in 1989
- Word 2019, released in 2018
- Word 2016, released in 2015
- Word 2011, released in 2010
- Word 2008, released in 2008
- Word 2004, released in 2004
- Word v. X, released in 2001
- Word 2001, released in 2000
- Word 98, released in 1998
- Word 6, released in 1993
- Word 5.1, released in 1992
- Word 5, released in 1991
- Word 4, released in 1989
- Word 3, released in 1987
- Word 1, released in 1985
Desktop publishing, Editor, Google Docs, Office, Office 365, Office Online, Software terms, WordPad, Word processor, Word processor terms
Microsoft Word is the most popular utility around the world. It is one application of the Office suite. Although Microsoft Word had been installed in Windows operating system by venders when you bought your computer, Microsoft Word is not a freeware. If you want to reinstall Microsoft Word on your computer, you need a Microsoft Word product key to activate the program; otherwise, you cannot use any feature of Microsoft Word. But how to find it seems to be a complicated problem. And when Microsoft Word crashed or you have reinstalled Windows operating system, this problem will make you headache. Don't worry! You can learn all knowledges related to Microsoft Word product key here.
Part 1. Free Microsoft Word product key
If you search for free Microsoft product key online, you will discover that many websites provide such product keys. You may wonder that are these free product keys real? These free product keys are more likely to be created by a product key creating program or simply copied from Microsoft Office. Although some product keys may available, the product keys produced by product key programs have many limits. For instance, the product key is only available for a month. And a month later, you have to enter another product key to reactivate Microsoft Word. .
If you still want to use free product key for Microsoft Word 2010, you can try the ones blow:
32 Bit: TVFJ7-76TR7-HHCKT-QQFJR-8KTTD
64 Bit: WWRDS-3YYX11-KPO5P-YXSD5-2CCVC
But we suggest you to buy a product key from Microsoft or use free Microsoft Office service.
Part 2. Where to find my Microsoft Word product key
Everyone needs a product key to activate Microsoft Word, no matter ordinary people or PC venders. A Microsoft word product key usually contains 25 characters, including numbers and alphabets. And the location of product key depends on the way you got Microsoft Word program.
- 1. If you purchased Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word from online Microsoft Store, you can find the key in your Microsoft account. When you need the product key, you can go to microsftstore.com and sign in your Microsoft account and find the product key in Digital content page.
- 2. Another way is My Office Account. After you install Microsoft Office on your computer, you can go to Microsoft Office website and log in your Microsoft account. Then you can find your product key by access View your product key option.
- 3. In bricks and mortar stores, customers could still buy the traditional Microsoft Word installation DVD. The product key usually attaches on the DVD box or an extra card. If you cannot find the product key, you can ask the seller directly.
- 4. If you bought a new Windows 8 or Windows 10 computer recently, the latest version of Microsoft Word might have been installed in the operating system. Under such circumstance, the product key has been transmitted to your operating system. You cannot find it anywhere. But if you want to reinstall Microsoft Word, you can use backup to recover the application and Microsoft Word product key.
- 5. Finally, if you can proof that you have purchase Microsoft Word, like invoice, you can call on Microsoft Support. The customer service may give you a new product key for free.
Part 3. Troubleshoot
The use of product key is to activate Microsoft Word application. So when you get Microsoft Word product key the next step is to activate Word on your computer.
1. How to activate Microsoft Word
Install Microsoft Office 2010 on your computer. You can download the installation file from Microsoft website for free.
Open Word application and go to File->Help menu.
Tap on Activate Product Key button and follow the instructions and enter your 25-character product key to complete the process.
If you want to activate Microsoft Word 2013 or 2016, you can use your Microsoft account.
2. Use Microsoft Word for free
Even though you do not purchase the Microsoft product key, you can use Microsoft Word for free.
- 1. Microsoft provides a month free trial of Office 365 Home Premium. So you can use Word on multiple PCs and Macs for a month without paying a penny. A month later, you can cancel the service and start another free trial.
- 2. Office Professional Plus 2013 has two months free trial. And you can follow the steps below to extend the free trial to six months.
After install Office Professional Plus 2013 on your computer, go to C: -> Program Files (x86)->Common Files->Microsoft Shared.
Press Shift key and right-click the folder named
OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform; then choose Open command window here option.
Input OSPPREARM.EXE in command prompt window and press Enter key.
- 3. Microsoft has released Office Online service, which is totally free. Office Online provides all basic features of desktop programs. Moreover, you can save documents to OneDrive directly. Office Online service is more convenient to team work.
- 4. Office Mobile is another free service that developed by Microsoft. Office Mobile app is available for Android, iPhone and Windows Phone currently.
You can enjoy these Microsoft Word applications for free without Microsoft Word product key.
Part 4. Windows password reset
Besides Microsoft Word product key, you can use Microsoft account to activate Word 2013 and 2016. Moreover, if you want to use the free Office services or log in Windows operating system, you also need a Microsoft account.
Considering Microsoft account is so important, you need a powerful tool to manage and reset your passwords, like Tipard Windows Password Reset Platinum. The biggest benefit of Windows Password Reset Platinum is to reset Windows password in pre-installation environment. And the process to reset password with Windows Password Reset Platinum is simple.
1. How to create a bootable USB drive
Users could create a bootable DVD or a bootable USB drive. We use bootable DVD as the example.
Install and open Windows Password Reset Platinum on an accessible computer and insert a formatted USB flash drive into the computer. Windows Password Reset Platinum is able to create bootable disc as well. The steps are the same with bootable USB drive.
Tap on Burn USB button to create bootable USB drive. The whole process may need a few minute.
When the bootable USB drive is done, tap on OK button and remove the USB drive.
2. How to reset password
Plug bootable USB drive in your computer and reboot it.
When the password manager screen pops up, select the account to reset and tap on Reset Password button.
In the password reset box, enter a new password and press OK to finish resetting.
Laptop With Microsoft Word Built In
Then you can remove the bootable USB drive and start your computer as usual.
The workflow to reset passcode with Windows Password Reset Platinum is very simple.
Laptop With Microsoft Word Installed
Based on the introductions above, you might grasp the ways to find Microsoft Word product key. Actually, many new PCs have installed Microsoft Word. And they become increasingly less important. To Microsoft Word 2013 and 2016, Microsoft account is the convenient solution. On the other hand, you can use free Microsoft Word services without a product key. The free trial version of Microsoft Word provides all features. And the Office Online service is even more convenient than desktop program. It seems that you still have many choices, even though you do not have a key. Finally, this article introduced a best way to manage and reset Microsoft password. Tipard Windows Password Reset Platinum is a professional Microsoft password manager. You can reset passwords before enter operating system.
Laptop With Microsoft Office Included
Follow @Lily Stark
November 09, 2018 17:32
- How to Bypass Windows 7 Password with Windows Password Reset Platinum
This tutorial shows how to bypass Windows 7 password with Windows Password Reset Platinum when users forget Windows7 account password.
- The Solutions for The Problems of NTLDR is Missing
The article describes methods that you can use to troubleshoot the NTLDR Is Missing error message that you may receive when Windows start.
- Yahoo Mail Forgot Password and The Best Solutions
Having a strong password is critical to keeping your Yahoo account safe. Learn the best ways to achieve Yahoo password reset in this article.
- What Should You Do to Reset Hotmail Password
If you forgot the password you use to sign in to services like Hotmail, Skype and OneDrive, you might need to reset Hotmail password right now.