- It's easy to uninstall Microsoft OneNote from your Windows or Mac computer if you no longer want to use the program.
- You can uninstall OneNote from your Windows PC through your computer Settings using the 'Add or remove programs' section.
- To uninstall OneNote on a Mac, drag OneNote to the Trash from within the Finder.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
OneNote is a popular note-taking app that's available on both the Mac and Windows as a free download or as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription.
Onenote Program Location
Note: Exporting and importing notebooks through OneNote for the web is only available for notebooks stored on personal OneDrive accounts, not for notebooks stored on OneDrive for Business or SharePoint.For information about exporting notebooks to PDF files from OneNote 2016 for Windows, see Export notes from OneNote as a PDF. Create add-ins for OneNote. Extend OneNote functionality with OneNote add-ins through the Microsoft Graph.
If you install OneNote on your computer and later decide you no longer want to use it – perhaps you intend to switch to the web-based Evernote instead – you can uninstall it to free up room on your computer's hard drive.
Here's how to do it on a Mac and Windows PC.
Get OneNote for free! Works on Windows 7 or later and OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later. Work with Outlook and OneNote. Integrate OneNote with Outlook to organize tasks, meeting notes. OneNote for Windows 10 has all the Class Notebook features built in, so you don’t need to install a separate add-in anymore. Teachers will automatically see the Class Notebook tab on the ribbon, but you can manually enable it at any time by clicking the Settings and More button in the upper right corner, and then clicking Settings Options Class Notebook Tools.
How to uninstall OneNote from a Windows computer
1. Click Start.
2. Pick the Settings icon, which is shaped like a small gear.
3. When the Settings window appears, locate the 'Find a setting' search box at the top and type 'add or remove.'
4. Click 'Add or remove programs.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider This will appear in the drop-down menu. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
5. Scroll through the list of installed programs and find OneNote or type 'OneNote' in the 'Search this list' box to filter the results.
Video: 5 things to know about Mark Zuckerberg (Fox Business)
6. Click OneNote and then click 'Uninstall.'
7. Confirm your choice to uninstall.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider OneNote will be uninstalled from your PC. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
8. Select OneNote and then click 'Uninstall.'
How to uninstall OneNote from a Mac computer
1. In the Finder, click 'Applications.' You should see a list of all the apps installed on your computer.
2. Find OneNote and drag it to the Tash.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Make sure it lands in the Trash and not on your Dock. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
3. If you have OneNote in the Dock on the desktop, drop the icon from the Dock to the Trash as well.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:Craig Gerdes
What Is Microsoft OneNote?
Essentially, it is a digital notebook available anytime, anywhere. OneNote is available as a traditional desktop app, a web app, and a mobile app. In addition, a simplified OneNote version comes pre-installed with Windows 10. The features available to the user depend on the version and environment used.
Why Would I Want To Use microsoft OneNote?
Onenote Programming ApiThere are many reasons. It is a very powerful program with lots of versatility.
- You can create sections and pages just like a traditional notebook, then save and organize your typed or handwritten notes, and other stuff such as photos, files, links to websites, screen clippings, videos, etc.
- You can create further navigational structure by creating section groups or subpages and your own templates.
- You can search for items by text, tags, or author.
- OneNote integrates easily with Microsoft Outlook and other Office products.
- You can email a message to OneNote or email notes captured in OneNote to others. Items assigned in OneNote appear as Tasks in Outlook.
- You can easily send Word and PowerPoint files to OneNote.
- You can take notes based on a Word document or PowerPoint presentation and link the notes to the original source file for reference.
- You can share your notebooks with specific people through a direct email or to the world through a sharing link.
- You can set permissions to view only or with editing privileges. You can password protect sections.
- You can view recent edits and revert to a previous version if necessary.
- You can do other cool things too.
- For example, you can ask Cortana or Siri to take notes for you.
- Another thing you can do is covert handwritten notes to text.
- Finally, you can take notes on a webpage and then save a screen clip with annotations to OneNote.
How is OneNote Used?
There are several ways to use OneNote at school, work, or home. For a great list of examples and ideas, check out:
10 Unique Ways to Use Microsoft OneNote
111 Ways to Use Microsoft OneNote
The screenshot below is an example of a class notebook that shares file attachments with students for download. In addition, the Quick Links section lists websites and articles relevant to class topics. The instructor uses his iPhone to send links to OneNote from LinkedIn and Twitter.
Can I use Microsoft OneNote offline?
You can! You’ll need to sync your notebook with OneDrive before going offline, then OneNote automatically syncs your changes as you work. If at any time you lose your Internet connection or turn it off, any pending changes will sync as soon as you’re back online.
How Do I Get Started with OneNote?
To start using OneNote, create a free Microsoft account or purchase a Microsoft Office 365 license. Go to https://products.office.com/en-US/onenote to sign-in or sign-up.
For help, check out: https://support.office.com/en-us/onenote
For more information, read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_OneNote
Onenote Music Program
If you’d like to dive deeper into the functions, commands, and capabilities of Microsoft Excel, and other applications within the Microsoft Office Suite, sign up for a one-day training class at Centriq.
Onenote Program Free
View Centriq’s Microsoft Office Training Classes
Onenote Program Hai
Get specific information by speaking with a Training Advisor by email, by phone at 913.322.7062 and 314.644.6400, or by completing the following form.