Install [PS Remote Play] on your mobile device, such as an Android™ smartphone or tablet, iPhone, or iPad, and then connect to your PS5 console.
You’ll need the following to use Remote Play:
- Android™ smartphone or tablet, iPhone, or iPad
For details about system requirements, go to Google Play™ or the App Store.
- PS5 console
Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
- An account for PlayStation™Network
Use the same account that you use for your PS5 console. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one first.
- High-speed internet connection
As a standard, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- You can’t use Remote Play on your mobile device’s cellular data network. A high-speed Wi-Fi® network is required.
- You can connect your wireless controller to your mobile device. To find out more about compatible devices and how to connect your wireless controller, see “Using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller on another device”.
- To use voice chat, you’ll need a microphone, such as the built-in microphone on your mobile device.
Install the app
From Google Play™ or the App Store, download and install [PS Remote Play] on your mobile device. You can use the same app to connect to your PS5 console and PS4 console. You can also access Google Play™ or the App Store using the following 2D codes. You’ll only need to do these steps the first time you use the app.
Play Ps5 Remotely Download
Set up your PS5 console
Set up your PS5 console in the following ways. You’ll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play:
- From the home screen, select [Settings] > [System] > [Remote Play], and then turn on [Enable Remote Play].
- To start Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select [Settings] > [System] > [Power Saving] > [Features Available in Rest Mode]. Then select the checkboxes for [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning on PS5 from Network].
Start Remote Play
You’ll take the following steps each time you connect to your PS5 console from your mobile device.
- Turn on your PS5 console or put it into rest mode.
- Launch [PS Remote Play] on your mobile device, and then select [Sign In to PSN].
- Sign in with the same account that you use for your PS5 console.
- Select [PS5].
The app searches for the PS5 console that you’ve signed in to using your account, and then connects to the console automatically. After it connects, the screen of your PS5 console displays on your mobile device and you can start using Remote Play. If multiple PS5 consoles are found, select the console that you’d like to use.
From the second time onwards, you’ll be able to select the console that you connected to previously.
Will Ps5 Have Remote Play
- If it’s been more than 60 days since you last logged into your PS5 console, you won’t be able to connect to it. Before trying to connect remotely from outside your home, check that your device connects properly while you are near your PS5 console.
- If the app can’t find the device that you’d like to connect, or if you can’t use Remote Play, see “When Remote Play is not available”.
Remote Play controls
If you tap on the screen of your mobile device during Remote Play, the controller buttons display.
If you’re using an Android™ smartphone or tablet, button and icon designs may vary.
If you select [options], the control panel displays.
Play Ps4 Remotely
You can perform the following actions from the control panel:
You can change settings such as screen orientation and how the controller buttons display. The control panel is also where you’ll quit Remote Play.
- Create button
Perform the same functions as the controller’s (create) button.
- PS button
Display the control center of your PS5 console.
Select [Mic on] / [Mic off] to turn the microphone on or off.
- Options button
Perform the same functions as the controller’s (options) button.
Close the control panel.
Quit Remote Play
- Tap on the screen during Remote Play.
The controller buttons display.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, select [options].
The control panel for Remote Play displays.
- Select [Settings], and then select [Disconnect].
You’ll see a message that says “This Remote Play session will be disconnected”.
To quit Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select the checkbox for [Put the connected console in rest mode].
- Select [OK].
Remote Play quits and the screen returns to its original state before your mobile device was connected to your PS5 console.