At other times, PS4 Remote Play may encounter connection issues or errors due to problems with the PlayStation Network itself. For first time users, some may find out that they are unable to use. Media Remote Effortlessly control a wide range of blockbuster entertainment on PS5™. For a limited time, get free shipping on your entire order when you buy any PS5 accessory direct from PlayStation.
Download either the Playstation App or Remote Play app so you can control your PS4 with the app from your mobile. With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection. Using the PS Remote Play app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console.
Install [PS Remote Play] on your Windows PC, and then connect to your PS5 console.
You’ll need the following to use Remote Play:
OS Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) Processor 7th Generation Intel® Core™ processors or later Storage space 100 MB or more RAM 2 GB or more Display resolution 1024 × 768 or higher Sound card Required USB port Required
- PS5 console
Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
- An account for PlayStation™Network
Use the same account that you use for your PS5 console. If you don’t have an account, you’ll need to create one first.
- High-speed internet connection
As a standard, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- Wireless controller for the PS5 console
- USB cable
Connect your Windows PC and your controller with a USB cable.
- You can also use a DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller. Connect the controller to your Windows PC using a USB cable or a DUALSHOCK®4 USB wireless adaptor.
- To use voice chat, you’ll need a microphone, such as the built-in microphone on your Windows PC.
Install the app
You’ll only need to do these steps the first time you use the app. You can use the same app to connect to your PS5 console and PS4 console.
Download [PS Remote Play] and save it to your desktop or other location.
During the installation, you might see a request to download additional software that’s needed to use [PS Remote Play]. To download this software, follow the on-screen instructions.
Set up your PS5 console
Set up your PS5 console in the following ways. You’ll only need to do this the first time you use Remote Play:
- From the home screen, select [Settings] > [System] > [Remote Play], and then turn on [Enable Remote Play].
- To start Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select [Settings] > [System] > [Power Saving] > [Features Available in Rest Mode]. Then turn on [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning on PS5 from Network].
Start Remote Play
You’ll take the following steps each time you connect to your PS5 console from your Windows PC.
- Turn on your PS5 console or put it into rest mode.
- Use a USB cable to connect your controller to your Windows PC.
- Launch [PS Remote Play] on your Windows PC, and then select [Sign In to PSN].
- Sign in with the same account that you use for your PS5 console.
When you select [Settings], you can configure video quality settings for Remote Play such as resolution and frame rate.
- Select [PS5].
The app searches for the PS5 console that you’ve signed in to using your account, and then connects to the console automatically. After it connects, the screen of your PS5 console displays on your Windows PC and you can start using Remote Play. If multiple PS5 consoles are found, select the console that you’d like to use.
From the second time onwards, you’ll be able to select the console that you connected to previously.
- If it’s been more than 60 days since you last logged into your PS5 console, you won’t be able to connect to it. Before trying to connect remotely from outside your home, check that your device connects properly while you are near your PS5 console.
- If the app can’t find the device that you’d like to connect, or if you can’t use Remote Play, see “When Remote Play is not available”.
Using Remote Play with HDR video quality
If your Windows PC and PS5 console are connected to a display or TV that supports HDR, you can use Remote Play with HDR video quality.
- From the home screen of your PS5 console, go to [Settings] > [Screen and Video] > [Video Output], and then set [HDR] to [Automatic].
- Install HEVC Video Extension distributed by Microsoft on your Windows PC.
- Turn on the HDR setting on your display.
- From your Windows PC settings, select [System] > [Display] > [Windows HD Color settings], and then turn on [Play HDR games and apps].
- Launch [PS Remote Play] on your Windows PC, and then sign in.
- From [Settings], go to [Video Quality for Remote Play] and then select the checkbox for [Enable HDR].
Remote Play controls
Ps4 Remote Play Download
Besides using your controller, you can also control your PS5 console with the control panel.
During Remote Play, if you move the mouse cursor of your Windows PC over the screen that you’re using for Remote Play, the control panel displays:
- Create button
Perform the same functions as the controller’s (create) button.
- PS button
Display the control center of your PS5 console.
- Options button
Perform the same functions as the controller’s (options) button.
Select [Mic on] / [Mic off] to turn the microphone on or off.
Mic on Mic off Mic not connected
- Battery level
You can check your controller’s battery level.
You can change the screen size during Remote Play.
Enter full screen Exit full screen
Quit Remote Play
- Click the at the top right corner of the screen you’re using for Remote Play.
You’ll see a message that says “This Remote Play session will be disconnected”.
To quit Remote Play while your PS5 console is in rest mode, select the checkbox for [Put the connected console in rest mode].
- Select [OK].
Remote Play quits and the screen returns to its original state before your Windows PC was connected to your PS5 console.
Ps4 Remote Control App For Pc
To uninstall [PS Remote Play], go to your Windows PC settings and select [Apps] > [Apps & features], and then delete [PS Remote Play]. Folder and command names might vary depending on your OS version.