Top > PS4 Link > Remote play > Using remote play via the Internet
You may be able to play remotely on your home PS4™ system from your PS Vita system via the Internet.
PS Remote Play is a free to use feature on all PS4 and PS5 consoles. All you need is: Your PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition, PS4 or PS4 Pro 2 connected to your home wired broadband network. A compatible device – also connected to your network. If your remote play keeps on freezing every time you try to log in then this video will help you fix the problem. This was annoying until I figured out this fix.
Preparing for first-time use
Before performing these procedures, you must do the following:
- On the PS4™ system's function screen, select (Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then select the [Enable Remote Play] checkbox to set a checkmark.
- On the PS4™ system's function screen, select (Settings) > [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
- When using an access point provided by a public Wi-Fi service, set up your system so that it can connect to that access point.
Registering (pairing) a device
You can register one PS4™ system on your system for remote play.
- Log in to the PS4™ system.
When logging in to the PS4™ system, select the user that is linked to the same Sony Entertainment Network account as your system.
- On your system, select (PS4 Link) > [Start] > [Remote Play].
When registration is complete, the PS4™ system's screen is displayed on your system.
If you enable remote start on the PS4™ system, you can use remote play to wake the PS4™ system from rest mode. On the PS4™ system's function screen, select (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode], and then select both [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning On PS4 from Network] to set checkmarks.
In some network environments, the remote play connection might become unstable.
Using remote play via the Internet
You may not be able to use remote play via the Internet depending on your network connection. If this occurs, the following reference information might help you make a connection.
- On the PS4™ system's function screen, select (Settings) > [Network] > [Test Internet Connection], and then confirm that you are able to connect to both the Internet and PlayStation™Network.
- Verify whether port 9304 (UDP) can be used. If that port cannot be used, you must adjust your router's port forwarding setting to allow communication to the PS4™ system from the Internet. For details on the port numbers used for remote play and how to adjust settings, refer to the instructions supplied with your router.
- If the PS4™ system is connected to the Internet via two or more routers, communication may not work correctly.
- A router is a device that allows multiple devices to share a single Internet line.
Communication might be restricted depending on the security functions provided by your router or Internet service provider. Refer to the instructions supplied with the network device in use, and information from your Internet service provider.
- Port forwarding is a function for forwarding signals that arrive at a specific port (entrance) to another specified port (exit). This is also referred to as 'port mapping' or 'address conversion.'
Top > PS4 Link > Remote play > Using remote play via the Internet
Do you know that you can remote play PS4 on PC/Android device? It may be a bit complicated, but you can achieve it with the step-by-step guide provided by MiniTool Software.
Quick Navigation :
If you’re a game lover, you might have a PS4 (PlayStation 4), a video game console developed by Sony. You may have played plenty of games on it, but do you know that Sony has allowed you to stream your PS4 games to Windows/Mac/Android devices recently?
With this feature, you can directly play PS4 games on your PC/Android device screen with the controller. It does bring a totally different and brilliant gaming experience if you connect PS4 to PC.
Do you know how to remote play PS4 on PC? You can find the answer in the following contents.
Move 1: Upgrade Your PS4 to the Latest Version
Since this feature is included in PlayStation 4 v.3.50 and later versions, you need to upgrade your PS4 software. You’d better upgrade your PS4 to the latest version to enjoy more new features and bug fixes.
You can get the guide on how to upgrade PS4 below. If you already have the latest PS4 system, you can go to the next move directly.
Step 1: Turn on your PS4.
Step 2: Go to Settings > System Software Update.
Step 3: Select Update to upgrade your PS4 to the latest version. Then wait patiently until the downloading is finished.
Step 4: On the home screen, choose Notifications > Downloads, and then follow the instructions to install the update.
Then you can go to move 2 to enable the remote play feature.
Move 2: Enable the Remote Play Feature in PS4
Now you have the latest software in your PS4, and you can set up the remote play feature with the following steps.
Step 1: Navigate to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings.
Step 2: In Remote Play Connection Settings, check Enable Remote Play.
Step 3: Go back to Settings, and select PlayStation Network/Account Management.
Step 4: In the following window, select Activate as Your Primary PS4 > Active.
Step 5: To start remote play while your PS4™ system is in rest mode, you need to go back to Settings and select Power Save Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode. Then check Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning On PS4 from Network option.
Have you ever encountered PS4 black screen of death? Here are some solutions to this problem and you are free to have a try.
Move 3: Connect PS4 to PC
Once you enable the remote paly feature, you can try to connect PS4 to PC and remote play PS4 on PC.
Here is how to do it.
Step 1: Search for PS4 Remote Play application in your browser. Then choose Sony official website to download the application and follow the instructions to install it.
Step 2: Connect your PS4 controller to PC with a Micro USB cable.
Step 3: Launch the PS4 Remote Play app. When you get the interface, click Start.
Step 4: Sign in your PlayStation account and then this app will search your PS4 for you. Follow the onscreen wizard to finish connecting your PS4 to PC.
Now you should be able to play PS4 games on PC with your PS4 controller.
Ps4 Remote Play Connection Lost
Do you often play PS4 game? Have you ever encountered some problems? This post will show you four frequently encountered problems and responding fixes.