Even with release of PS5, a larger community of console gamers are still relying on PS4. It may take considerable time for PS4 to become obsolete. Even as a PC gamer, sometimes a person want to play PS4 games on a laptop or PC. Therefore, how to play PS4 games on a laptop or computer is most frequently asked question from a lot of PC gamers.
A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play. With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection. To start Remote Play while your PS4 console is in rest mode, select Settings Power Saving Settings Set Features Available in Rest Mode. Then select the checkboxes for Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS4 from Network. A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play. With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection. Using the PS Remote Play app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device in a different location. You can use your wireless controller to play games streamed from your PS4 using the Remote Play app on PC or Mac. Your wireless controller can also be used with compatible games and applications on your PC or Mac. Please visit the publisher's website to check if a game or application supports the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller. PS Remote Play is a free to use feature on all PS4 and PS5 consoles. All you need is: Your PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition, PS4 or PS4 Pro 2 connected to your home wired broadband network. A compatible device – also connected to your network.
A PS4 application is usually used to control a PS4 from a PC, Mac or laptop. Thus you will have an immersive gaming experience of PS4 gaming by connecting remotely through a PC.
Though, it sounds very easy, however, sometimes the process becomes very tricky for beginners. That’s why we have written a beginner friendly detailed article to enjoy PS4 gameplay on your laptop screen.
Though each process have different requirements, however, basic requirements for these processes are given below:
- Laptop with HDMI input
- HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) cable
- PS4 console
Problems & Constraints
Though it may sound very simple, just to plug in HDMI cable at the HDMI ports of both laptop and PS4. However, the process is not quite simple. There are certain issues and constraints that needs to be addressed before enjoying the seamless gameplay.
Recommended to Read: Best Laptops For Live Streaming
One of the main constraint is that HDMI is a one way (unidirectional) connection. Both the HDMI ports at laptop as well as PS4 are output ports. Therefore, just connecting them directly via HDMI cable is not going to lead anywhere.
That’s why we have written this detailed article to play ps4 on laptop screen with HDMI.
Methods to play PS4 on Laptop with HDMI
There are several methods to play PS4 on laptop screen using an HDMI cable. However, we have two most favorite ones. These methods are hassle free as well as easy to implement. Now we will explain these methods in details.
1. Using Video Capture Card
Playing PS4 on Laptop screen/ computer using a video capture card is one of the easiest and hassle free method. The requirements for this process are:
- PS4 Console
- File Sharing Enabled (Using Network Settings on PS4 console)
- Video Capture Card
- WIFI or Ethernet port (Laptop and Console connected through Ethernet cables on the same router)
- Dual-Functioning HDMI
The step by step process for this method is given below:
Step 1: Installation of VCC
Using a USB port on your computer or laptop, plug-in and install the Video Capture Card (VCC). It is highly recommended to use a VCC of superior quality.
Recommended to Read: Most Powerful & Premium Laptops
Step 2: Connection
Now you need to connect both PS4 Console and laptop/ computer using VCC. For this, use an S-Video Connection Cable to connect PS4 Console to VCC. Insert HDMI-in to the VCC and HDMI-out to the console.
Step 3: Software Installation
On your computer download a respective Video Capture Card Software such as the one Over Here or you may also get a one with your own VCC. Install the software as per normal procedure.
Step 4: Final Setup
Once you have installed the VCC software, it is time to finally play PS4 on Laptop. Now turn the PS4 Console ON and run the VCC software on laptop/ computer. And voila, you will see your PS4 console appears on screen of your laptop or computer.
Recommended to Read: Recommended Laptops for Students
Some of the best Video Capture Cards that you may get from Amazon are:
2. Streaming Service/ Remote Play
This is another easiest and bug-free process to enjoy your PS4 gameplay on laptop screen. Remote Play is actually a Streaming Service being offered by SONY. It allows both PC as well as Mac users to enjoy PS4 gameplay on laptop or computer screens without any additional requirements. This is one of the most favorite method among PC gamers who want to enjoy PS4 on their gaming PCs.
To setup Remote Play, one needs to fulfill the following requirements:
- PC or Laptop
- PS4 console
- PS4 Account
- USB Cable
- Internet Connectivity
Recommended to Read: Powerful Motherboards
Now let’s come towards step by step process to enjoy PS4 gameplay on laptop using Remote Play.
Step 1: Remote Play Download
First of all, you need to download Remote Play Software. You may download the official version using this link.
Step 2: Remote Play Configuration
After downloading Remote Play software, you need to open and configure it. After running the Remote Play, go to Settings option. Here adjust your display settings such as resolution and fps as per specification of your screen. The more powerful your laptop (especially GPU) is, the more high settings you may go for.
Step 3: PS4 Console Initial Settings
After configuring your PC/ laptop, now it’s time to configure PS4 console. Turn ON your PS4 console and go to Settings. Here go to PlayStation Network > Account Management. From this, enable ‘Active as Primary PS4’ option.
Recommended to Read: Fastest SSD for PS4
Step 4: PS4 Console Update
In order to use Remote Play, you must have your software updated at-least to 3.50 version. If it is not updated, go to ‘System Software Update’ to update your PS4 Console Software to latest Version.
Step 5: PS4 Remote Play Settings
Now you need to go to Settings > Remote Play Connection Settings and enable this option.
Step 6: PS4 Power Save Settings
To use Remote Play, you must have your Console ON. However, it is better to put PS4 console in Rest Mode. Thus you will have Power Saving while playing PS4 using Remote Play.
Recommended to Read: Best Speakers to buy for PS4
For this, visit Settings > Power Save Settings > Set Features Available in Rest Mode > Enable Turning on PS4 from Network.
Step 7: Laptop – Console Pairing
Now you have to pair your laptop with PS4 console. For this purpose, you need to connect your laptop/ desktop to your PS4 controller using a USB port. Similarly, you may also connect it wirelessly by holding both PlayStation and Share buttons together on controller. The moment LED of controller starts flashing, connect it to your laptop or computer using a USB cable. In just 4 to 5 seconds, your controller will get paired to laptop. In case it takes time, repeat this complete process again.
Step 8: Final Setup
Finally, open Remote Play app on PC, laptop or Mac. Here login to your PS4 account using your credentials. At this moment, your console must be switched ON. And that’s all to enjoy amazing PS4 gaming experience using Remote Play on Laptop or PC screen.
Recommended to Read: Best Hidden Mini Cameras
There may be number of ways to enjoy amazing game play of PS4 on laptop using HDMI. However, we have discussed two main methods using Remote Play and Video Capture Card. These are the easiest and most hassle free methods which enables you to have amazing PlayStation experience on PC or laptop.
If you have got some other great method worth sharing, or got any queries or confusion, talk to us in comments below.
A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play.
With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection.
Using the [PS Remote Play] app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device in a different location.
For example, you can use a computer in another room or a smartphone* when you’re out to enjoy PS5™ and PS4™ games.
- You can’t use Remote Play on your mobile device’s cellular data network. A high-speed Wi-Fi® network is required.
The following are the different combinations of compatible devices and PlayStation consoles for using Remote Play. For instructions on downloading the app and getting started with Remote Play, go to one of the links below.
Control your PS5 console
Control your PS4 console
- Control your PS4 console from your PS Vita system*
- Control your PS4 console from your PS TV system*
- With the [PS4 Link] app, you can remotely control your PS4 console with a PlayStation®Vita system or PlayStation®TV system.
Find out more about how to set up and use Remote Play on your systems in the PS Vita User’s Guide or the PS TV User’s Guide.
Depending on the content or how it’s used, Remote Play may not be available. For details, see “Restrictions”.
[PS Remote Play] Update Information
Windows PC version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Mac version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Visit Google Play™ or the App Store for update information.
Ps4 Remote Play Hp Laptop
- Some games do not support Remote Play.
Games that require peripherals such as PlayStation®VR or PlayStation®Camera aren’t compatible with Remote Play.
You can’t use Remote Play on your PS5 console or PS4 console in the following situations:
- When you’re using Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcasting your gameplay
- When users are using Remote Play, Share Play, or Share Screen, or broadcasting their gameplay
- When you’re playing a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD
- When you’re using PS VR in VR mode
The following restrictions apply when using Remote Play:
- You can’t use Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcast your gameplay.
- You can’t play a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD.
- You can’t play music with Spotify®.
- Some or all video content might not be displayed on your device depending on the game or video service.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit our support website.
Ps4 Remote Play Downloader
- This site is subject to change without notice.
- Screen images are composite images. Illustrations and screen images may vary from the actual product.
- Information about system functionality and images published on this site may vary depending on the PS5 or PS4 system software version or the version of the application installed on your computer or mobile device that’s in use.
- “”, “PlayStation”, “PS5”, “PS4” and “DUALSHOCK” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- “SONY” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Group Corporation.
- App Store, iPad, iPhone, Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- “Blu-ray Disc™” and “Blu-ray™” are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify Ltd.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- Other system and product names are generally trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Ps4 Remote Play For Hp Laptop
ASTRO’s PLAYROOM: ©2020 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Horizon Zero Dawn: ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla.