A PS5 console or PS4 console is required for Remote Play.
With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection.
Using the [PS Remote Play] app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device in a different location.
For example, you can use a computer in another room or a smartphone* when you’re out to enjoy PS5™ and PS4™ games.
- You can’t use Remote Play on your mobile device’s cellular data network. A high-speed Wi-Fi® network is required.
The following are the different combinations of compatible devices and PlayStation consoles for using Remote Play. For instructions on downloading the app and getting started with Remote Play, go to one of the links below.
Control your PS5 console
Control your PS4 console
- Control your PS4 console from your PS Vita system*
- Control your PS4 console from your PS TV system*
- With the [PS4 Link] app, you can remotely control your PS4 console with a PlayStation®Vita system or PlayStation®TV system.
Find out more about how to set up and use Remote Play on your systems in the PS Vita User’s Guide or the PS TV User’s Guide.
Use an app available on the console to stream directly to the streaming platform (eg Twitch). Connect your console to a PC with a capture card or other capture device. You can use Streamlabs OBS to seamlessly setup overlays and widgets for a professional looking stream in minutes. Using Native Gaming Apps on Console.
- With Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation® console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection. Using the PS Remote Play app, you can control your PlayStation®5 console or PlayStation®4 console from a device in a different location. For example, you can use a computer in another room or a smartphone. when you’re out to enjoy PS5™ and PS4™ games.
- Streamlabs Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a free cloud-based live streaming software for Twitch, YouTube, & Facebook.
Depending on the content or how it’s used, Remote Play may not be available. For details, see “Restrictions”.
[PS Remote Play] Update Information
Windows PC version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Mac version 4.1:
Stability during use of some features has been improved.
Visit Google Play™ or the App Store for update information.
- Some games do not support Remote Play.
Games that require peripherals such as PlayStation®VR or PlayStation®Camera aren’t compatible with Remote Play.
You can’t use Remote Play on your PS5 console or PS4 console in the following situations:
- When you’re using Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcasting your gameplay
- When users are using Remote Play, Share Play, or Share Screen, or broadcasting their gameplay
- When you’re playing a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD
- When you’re using PS VR in VR mode
The following restrictions apply when using Remote Play:
- You can’t use Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcast your gameplay.
- You can’t play a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD.
- You can’t play music with Spotify®.
- Some or all video content might not be displayed on your device depending on the game or video service.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit our support website.
- This site is subject to change without notice.
- Screen images are composite images. Illustrations and screen images may vary from the actual product.
- Information about system functionality and images published on this site may vary depending on the PS5 or PS4 system software version or the version of the application installed on your computer or mobile device that’s in use.
- “”, “PlayStation”, “PS5”, “PS4” and “DUALSHOCK” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
- “SONY” is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Group Corporation.
- App Store, iPad, iPhone, Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
- “Blu-ray Disc™” and “Blu-ray™” are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
- Google Play and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Spotify is a registered trademark of Spotify Ltd.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- Other system and product names are generally trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
ASTRO’s PLAYROOM: ©2020 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Horizon Zero Dawn: ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla.
Everything I use to stream live on Twitch.
- STREAMLABS OBS
- PS4 Remote Play
Laptop: Windows HP Core i3-7100U
This is a standard Windows laptop not powerful enough for a capture card. However, it works well if you plan on streaming as a solo player. It has 3 USB ports, 1 HDMI port, and a mic port which are all used for this setup. I highly recommend anyone reading this invest in a computer Core i-5 and above.
I connect the PS4 controller to my laptop using a USB cord. PS4 remote play connects to the PS4 and streams this to my laptop. My laptop game capture is then fed to Streamlabs and fed to the Twitch audience.
I use two but you only need one.
Main: Asus VG245H 24 inch
This is the monitor hooked up to my PS4 using an HDMI cable. It is adjustable side to side, up and down. I look at this monitor to play the game. Really like it and would recommend.
Secondary: ASUS 23.6″ monitor
This is an optional monitor hooked up to my laptop. Using a second monitor makes it easier for me to monitor Streamlabs and read chat while gaming on another monitor. I can also browse the internet and work on this monitor without sharing my screen with viewers.
Alternative to using a second monitor: Download the Twitch app and use your phone or any other smart device as an alternative monitor. If you follow this method, understand that chat will see everything you do on your PC.
Ps4 Remote Play Streamlabs Observatory
Headset & Microphone:
Before I purchased this headset, I used earbuds connected to my laptop. For games like Battlefield 5, using a headset was critical for an optimized experience. The Astros connect directly into the microphone port of my laptop. Then, I set the PC audio to speaker/headphone which will allow me and chat to hear gameplay. I use the mic on my headset to communicate with the stream. (Set up inside Steamlabs required for sync).
Sometimes I use earbuds when I don’t want to wear a heavy headset. I use the Ludos Wired Earbuds that cost about $20 on Amazon. The microphone, volume, and bass level on these buds are quality. One night, I mistakenly connected my Ludos microphone as my primary mic during stream and was not disappointed with the quality. These are a great alternative to purchasing an expensive headset.
Streamlabs Obs Ps4 Audio
This is a USB webcam that sits on top of my main monitor and connects to my laptop. Simple. Not the best quality. I often need to manually configure the video quality depending on the lighting in my room.
Works perfect and gives the amount of light needed for streaming at night. I usually don’t have any other lights on besides the fairy lights…
Makes the entire room look sweet. I use several different colors depending on my mood. Blue is my favorite.
Ps4 Remote Play Streamlabs Obs App
Affiliate links are on this page.