- Is Wps And Microsoft Office The Same
- Wps Office Free Writer
- Wps Office Microsoft Fonts
- Wps Vs Microsoft Office
Dec 21, 2020 • Filed to: Recover & Repair Files • Proven solutions
Time and again, we come across the WPS file while working on the Windows Operating System. However, not many of us are aware of what these files really are. There are many users who have associated themselves with the Windows Operating System for long without caring to garner any knowledge about the WPS file. In the given article, we shall discuss all the possible methods that can prove to be useful when it comes to accessing a WPS file in Microsoft Word. For the ones who are lacking knowledge about the WPS file, we shall first try and understand what the WPS file really is. Following this, we shall list out the methodologies that can prove to be useful when it comes to opening the WPS file in Microsoft Word.
Is Wps And Microsoft Office The Same
BRING YOUR OFFICE ON THE ROAD With over 590 million mobile users worldwide, WPS Office is the world’s most popular free mobile office suite. Opening.wps files (Microsoft Works) in Windows 10 I have Windows 10(Christmas gift) and Office 2017. But so many of my documents are in Works from older computers. WPS Cloud - WPS Office.
Wps Office Free Writer
Part 1 What is the WPS File?
To begin with, one needs to understand that the WPS file format is quite similar to the DOC format. However, while being a text document, it is created with the Microsoft Works Word Processor and doesn’t come with the advanced formatting options and macros that are otherwise included in the Word document. Users should note that while most versions of Microsoft Word can open a WPS file along with Microsoft Publisher, but the format has been discontinued since 2006, and further replaced with the standard MS Word DOC format.
- WPS Office is one of the biggest challengers to the Microsoft Office 365 domination of office and school-related apps. Using a tabbed interface, this free software includes Writer, Presentation, and Spreadsheets, plus some solid PDF tools, all in one download.
- As a complete office suite that combines powerful office tools with a unique and intuitive UI design, WPS Office allows users to easily create, edit, read and share documents, making work easier, more efficient, and enjoyable.
So, what is the use of the WPS file then? Users must note that the WPS file format is used by Microsoft Works Word Processor Files. The files with the WPS extension contain word processing documents that have been created by the Microsoft Works software suite. While containing richly formatted text along with images, the WPS file format also includes clipart and tables. There is the inclusion of a C++ library, which is called ‘libwps’ and it allows reading and writing of WPS documents. The library also allows for the functioning of applications that include ‘OxygenOffice’ and ‘NeoOffice’ that allow for the opening and editing of a WPS file.
Part 2 How do I open the WPS File in Word?
For the users looking to access their WPS file in Word, the methodologies have been discussed in this section. In order to assist users, Microsoft offers a free file which is named as ‘WorksConv.exe’ and is compatible with Microsoft Word 2000 and later variants. This helps you access all the WPS file formats, which Microsoft Works 6.0-9.0 documents. For the ones who are looking to access a primitive version of the WPS file, which could include a WPS file that has been created with Microsoft Works 4.0 or 4.5, there is another free file being offered by Microsoft called the ‘Wks4Converter_en-US.msi’ file which has ease of compatibility with Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
We recommend that users install both the above-listed files if they are looking to open a WPS file in Microsoft Word. However, an additional note for our users is that Microsoft Word 2013 is capable of opening Microsoft Works 6.0 to 9.0. However, the default feature in Word 2013 doesn’t mean that one doesn’t have to download and install the ‘Wks4Converter_en_US.msi’ file, especially if they are looking to open Microsoft Works 4.0 or 4.5 documents.
So, here are the steps to access a WPS file in Word:
Wps Office Microsoft Fonts
1) Ensure that above-listed files have been downloaded;
2) Start the process by closing all the Microsoft Word Windows that were previously opened;
3) You are now required to double-click the ‘WorksConv.exe’ file and follow the prompts in order to complete the installation. Similarly, double-tap the ‘Wks4Converter_en-US.msi’ file, and following its prompts, complete its installation too.
4) Once both the files have been downloaded with the help of prompts, you can open Microsoft Word in order to open the WPS file.
5) Once you are within the MS-Word interface, tap ‘File’, and then tap on ‘Open’. If you do not come across a File Menu, click the Microsoft Office button that appears in the top left of the Word Window, and then tap on Open.
6) Please note that the users working on Word 2013 are required to select ‘Computer’, followed by ‘Browse’ after starting by clicking on the ‘Open’ option.
7) Once you have accessed the Open Window, within the ‘File of Type’ drop-down menu, or the unlabeled drop-down menu that appears next to the File name text field, you should come across multiple options; ‘Works 4.x (.wps), ‘Works 6-9 Document (.wps), or ‘Works 6.0 (.wps).
8) Users are then required to choose the file version which they are trying to open in Word. For the ones who aren’t really sure of the version of their WPS file, it’s best to go for the ‘Works 6-9 Document (.wps) option.
9 )The final step includes browsing to the location of the WPS file you are looking to open, selecting the file, and tapping the ‘Open’ button.
While users can successfully open the WPS file, there is also the option to save all the hassle by simply converting the opened WPS file into a Word File. The steps for the same have been listed below.
1) Once the WPS file has been opened and modified; simply click File and tap ‘Save As’. For the ones who do not come across a File Menu, you can tap the ‘Microsoft Office Button’ that appears in the top left of the Word Window, and then tap on ‘Save As’.
2) Once you have accessed the ‘Save As’ window, choose the location where you wish to save the file.
3) Rename the file as per your choice, and while saving the WPS file, make sure to select ‘Microsoft Word (.doc) format from the drop-down menu.
4) Tap on ‘OK’ or ‘Save’ when you are done with the saving.
Accessing a WPS file in Word is not difficult if one has the correct methodology to follow. Once the required files have been installed, you can repeatedly open your WPS file in Word without any hassle. However, if you are looking to open the WPS file in different locations or systems, we recommend that you go for the conversion of the WPS file to Word file using the above steps.
Recoverit - The Best Word Files Recovery Software
- Recover lost or deleted files, photos, audio, music, emails from any storage device effectively, safely and completely.
- Supports data recovery from recycle bin, hard drive, memory card, flash drive, digital camera, and camcorders.
- Supports to recover data for sudden deletion, formatting, lost partition, virus attack, system crash under different situations.
Wps Vs Microsoft Office
Rescue & Fix Files
- Recover Document Files
- Repair Document Files
- Recover & Repair More
- Clear & Delete File